anyone heard of a gefarator?????
e***@gmail.com
2013-12-31 15:20:13 UTC
I had one fitted to my Datsun Stanza in about 1984. You can read about the car (and Gefarator) here: http://ericsdailydiary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/cars-i-have-owned-no-9-datsun-stanza.html
e***@gmail.com
2013-12-31 15:21:57 UTC
Check my blog post on my Datsun Stanza - http://ericsdailydiary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/cars-i-have-owned-no-9-datsun-stanza.html.

This had a Gefarator fitted in 1984.
Grimly Curmudgeon
2014-03-05 01:15:39 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
Check my blog post on my Datsun Stanza - http://ericsdailydiary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/cars-i-have-owned-no-9-datsun-stanza.html.
This had a Gefarator fitted in 1984.
The Gizmo that claims to increase efficiency has a long and ignoble
history. I'd not be surprised if it first appeared in the 1890s.
Robert Mulain
Maybe this is what VW were fitting to overcome various problems recently?
r***@clear.net.nz
2017-01-16 20:48:17 UTC
G'day ,
OK, my good mate has a 1953 Ford Mainline Ute, now hanging off
the exhaust manifold (on the left hand manifold only when viewed from
the front with bonnet up) is this . . .umm thing. It screws into the
exhaust
manifold with a pipe about 5/16" bore and about 12" long , on the end of
the pipe is a thing about 2" in diameter and about 3/8" thick. called a
"Gefarator" information stamped onto a plate riveted to this thing is as
"Gefarator . . . exhaust pulse operated air injector and vapour condensor"
Make in UK by Gefare Ltd. Wisbech England.
UK PAT No. 639.790 / 655.761
US PAT No. 2.390.527 / 2.345.569
2.482.754 / 2.547.454
anyone know what this thing does? and why its installed??
cheers
Gareth Bowdler
I HAVE ONE IN MY MUSEUM HERE IN WAIUKU NEW ZEALAND IT HAS BEEN VIEWED BY MANY OLD TIME MECHANICS AND NOT ONE HAS EVER SEEN ONE BEFORE> THE IDEA HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME A SIMILAR DEVICE IS FITTED TO OUR 1914 TALBOT I AM TOLD ITS GREAT FOR BURNING OUT VALVES