New addition to the fleet...
SteveH
2016-03-05 20:23:00 UTC
1980s DDR magnificence!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/E2TgFSjVLOq5NpZCoU_aAdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mCXaSm3R_smY60-kk4WxntMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8bAcr_8O_ix9VQ_8d34jtdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

And how I want it to look...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GXskW5wGThy1MdXWODarj9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
--
SteveH
Indy Jess John
2016-03-05 22:22:05 UTC
Post by SteveH
1980s DDR magnificence!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/E2TgFSjVLOq5NpZCoU_aAdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mCXaSm3R_smY60-kk4WxntMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8bAcr_8O_ix9VQ_8d34jtdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
Nice! Have a good look at the VIN plate and the history if it comes
with the car. A lot of Trabants went back to the factory and were
refurbished and sold again as like new. It looks as though that one
might be a recycled 1970 model, re-issued with 1980s documentation.

Also a tip from another Trabant owner (not me, a friend of mine) is that
the 2-stroke oil from ASDA is good stuff and lot cheaper than from
other outlets.
Post by SteveH
And how I want it to look...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GXskW5wGThy1MdXWODarj9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
The Bakelite type body doesn't take paint well. If you do that, you
need to be prepared to redo it at regular and relatively short intervals.

Jim
SteveH
2016-03-05 22:28:22 UTC
Post by Indy Jess John
Post by SteveH
1980s DDR magnificence!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/E2TgFSjVLOq5NpZCoU_aAdMTjNZETYmyPJy
0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mCXaSm3R_smY60-kk4WxntMTjNZETYmyPJy
0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8bAcr_8O_ix9VQ_8d34jtdMTjNZETYmyPJy
0liipFm0?feat=directlink
Nice! Have a good look at the VIN plate and the history if it comes
with the car. A lot of Trabants went back to the factory and were
refurbished and sold again as like new. It looks as though that one
might be a recycled 1970 model, re-issued with 1980s documentation.
Also a tip from another Trabant owner (not me, a friend of mine) is that
the 2-stroke oil from ASDA is good stuff and lot cheaper than from
other outlets.
The VIN and documents say it's a Feb. 1984 build.
Post by Indy Jess John
Post by SteveH
And how I want it to look...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GXskW5wGThy1MdXWODarj9MTjNZETYmyPJy
0liipFm0?feat=directlink
The Bakelite type body doesn't take paint well. If you do that, you
need to be prepared to redo it at regular and relatively short intervals.
It's the right colour, I'm just applying transfers.
--
SteveH