Humber super snipe
p***@gmail.com
2017-04-19 16:01:31 UTC
Hi can any one help me out my 1961 humber super snipe is taking in air in the fuel pump but it one full steel pipe into the tank I can see long bubble in the clear pipe going to the pump it fine till it need a lot of fuel I have checked all the pipe work to the tank and recondition the pump any help would be much appreciated thanks
Indy Jess John
2017-04-19 21:34:38 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Hi can any one help me out my 1961 humber super snipe is taking in air in the fuel pump but it one full steel pipe into the tank I can see long bubble in the clear pipe going to the pump it fine till it need a lot of fuel I have checked all the pipe work to the tank and recondition the pump any help would be much appreciated thanks
My first thought is to check the join between the steel pipe and the
clear one.

My second thought is to check the sealing washer between the pump body
and lid which gives access to the filter inside (assuming it is a
mechanical pump).

My third thought is to check where the steel pipe fits to the fuel tank.

I am not familiar with the Super Snipe, but these checking points are
the most likely problem areas on most cars.

Jim
Dave Plowman (News)
2017-04-19 23:50:48 UTC
Post by Indy Jess John
Post by p***@gmail.com
Hi can any one help me out my 1961 humber super snipe is taking in air
in the fuel pump but it one full steel pipe into the tank I can see
long bubble in the clear pipe going to the pump it fine till it need a
lot of fuel I have checked all the pipe work to the tank and
recondition the pump any help would be much appreciated thanks
My first thought is to check the join between the steel pipe and the
clear one.
My second thought is to check the sealing washer between the pump body
and lid which gives access to the filter inside (assuming it is a
mechanical pump).
My third thought is to check where the steel pipe fits to the fuel tank.
I am not familiar with the Super Snipe, but these checking points are
the most likely problem areas on most cars.
Not really sure some air in a fuel pipe matters much with a carb car?
Other than suggesting the pump isn't really up to the job?
--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.