2cv - Convert to LHD?
Mr Jinx
2005-04-15 13:12:13 UTC

Has anyone ever converted a 2CV to LHD? If so, how difficult is it? I know
I could just buy an LHD 2CV, but it's a bit more complicated than that :-)

My dad lives out in Greece, he's just been diagnosed with Parkinsons
disease. He's always wanted a 2CV special - Pemberton, Grasshopper, Lomax
type thing. He's now decided to buy one while he's still able to drive it.
Doesn't want to waste time building it for obvious reasons.

Now, these cars are illegal in Greece but not if they are on foreign plates.
He's checked all this out and wants to buy a ready built car in the UK then
I'll drive it over. He wants to convert it to LHD though.

Apart from a steering rack, dash panel and pedal box, relocating master
cylinder to the left, repiping the brakes and a bit of cutting and miggery
to make it all fit what else needs to be done?

Any help appreciated :-)

Mr Jinx
Ian
2005-04-15 17:40:57 UTC
Try this for some leads. It should not be too difficult to source a LHD 2CV
in the UK.

http://www.citroen-2cv.org.uk/

The Lomax is still a great looking car

Best of luck

Ian
Coventry
UK
Yippee
2005-04-15 18:13:49 UTC
Post by Mr Jinx
My dad lives out in Greece, he's just been diagnosed with Parkinsons
disease. He's always wanted a 2CV special - Pemberton, Grasshopper, Lomax
type thing. He's now decided to buy one while he's still able to drive it.
Doesn't want to waste time building it for obvious reasons.
Quickest way would be to buy a ready-made LHD car on the continent.
Plenty for sale in Holland and Germany - Google is your friend.

May I also suggest a Burton?

http://www.burtoncar.nl/main.php?language=en
Y.
Richard Cole
2005-04-15 18:15:35 UTC
Post by Mr Jinx
Apart from a steering rack, dash panel and pedal box, relocating master
cylinder to the left, repiping the brakes and a bit of cutting and miggery
to make it all fit what else needs to be done?
Speedo, head lights, fog lamp

Richard
***@epbyr.bet (ROT13 to e-mail me directly). See
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk for most things to do with caravanning.
I think ... therefore I am overqualified.
Adrian
2005-04-15 19:22:35 UTC
Post by Richard Cole
Post by Mr Jinx
Apart from a steering rack, dash panel and pedal box, relocating
master cylinder to the left, repiping the brakes and a bit of cutting
and miggery to make it all fit what else needs to be done?
Speedo, head lights, fog lamp
You've never driven in Greece, have you, Richard?

Clue :- FITMENT of any of those seems optional.
Geomo
2023-08-24 19:31:45 UTC
It is straightforward to change over. The fixings you need are already there, you just need to buy the appropriate parts. The most expensive is the steering rack, but it’s not a big problem like other cars would be
--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/classic-uk/2cv-convert-to-lhd-10871-.htm