I reported a pothole..
Davey
2023-01-26 15:58:21 UTC
And I got this reply:

"Date reported: 25/01/2023

Following your recent report, we are pleased to confirm that we have
ordered work to be carried out which we hope will resolve the issue you
raised with us within approximately 8 calendar weeks.

Please note that this is subject to weather conditions and being able
to gain the necessary access to carry out any work (as parked vehicles,
traffic conditions and other local issues can sometimes prevent this)."

Eight weeks! the last time I reported one, it was because I had damaged
my tyre and wheel, for which I received compensation. Eight weeks!
Luckily it is on a country road, there are never any problems with
traffic or parked vehicles.
Davey.
Indy Jess John
2023-01-27 15:18:43 UTC
Post by Davey
"Date reported: 25/01/2023
Following your recent report, we are pleased to confirm that we have
ordered work to be carried out which we hope will resolve the issue you
raised with us within approximately 8 calendar weeks.
Please note that this is subject to weather conditions and being able
to gain the necessary access to carry out any work (as parked vehicles,
traffic conditions and other local issues can sometimes prevent this)."
Eight weeks! the last time I reported one, it was because I had damaged
my tyre and wheel, for which I received compensation. Eight weeks!
Luckily it is on a country road, there are never any problems with
traffic or parked vehicles.
It must be tempting to put your worst tyres on the car and damage them
on the pothole during that 8 weeks and let the council pay for the
replacements. :-)

Jim
Davey
2023-01-27 15:48:17 UTC
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:18:43 +0000
Post by Indy Jess John
Post by Davey
[...]
The problem there is that the only tyres I have that fit the car are
already on it.
Davey.
Abandoned_Trolley
2023-01-28 10:14:12 UTC
Post by Indy Jess John
It must be tempting to put your worst tyres on the car and damage them
on the pothole during that 8 weeks and let the council pay for the
replacements.  :-)
Jim
And fit your worst set of coil springs and shock absorbers ?

I have lost count of the number of broken off bits of coil spring which
have seen laying in various gutters around here and I can imagine them
being a bit of a hazard for cyclists and motorcyclists.

Luckily for all of us, wrecked suspension ball joints dont fall off
quite so easily :-\
random signature text inserted here
Davey
2023-04-13 09:02:07 UTC
Post by Indy Jess John
Post by Davey
[...]
about three weeks ago, ie within the eight week estimate, I saw thata
they pothole had indeed been filled in. Then last weekend, I saw that
it had already gained a small hole at the leaving edge. I wonder how
long it will be before it is again reportable?
--
Davey.