any old iron ?
Abandoned Trolley
2023-11-09 12:42:17 UTC
Do discarded brake discs - (the "normal" cast iron vented types) have
any scrap value ?

The bloke down the scrap yard said that he would "let" me put them in
his skip, but he couldnt give me anything for them :-\
Davey
2023-11-09 14:10:29 UTC
On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 12:42:17 +0000
Post by Abandoned Trolley
Do discarded brake discs - (the "normal" cast iron vented types) have
any scrap value ?
The bloke down the scrap yard said that he would "let" me put them in
his skip, but he couldnt give me anything for them :-\
Searching for prices online does tend to suggest that cast iron is not
a sought-after metal in the scrapyard business. You might struggle to
get a better offer.
It reminds me of my experience of recycling bottles for deposit in
California. Each bottle had a 5cent deposit, and to get the refund, you
had to go to a certain trailer, in a certain supermarket car park, on a
certain evening of the week. There, they would charge a fee of 50% for
each deposit, so in effect you finished up with a refund of 2.5 cents
per bottle. And they wondered why there were still bottles scattered
around in the parks.
--
Davey.